Perfect for those who love simplicity and like to make a statement, this cushion cover is a minimalist interpretation of the emblematic yellow and black of the bee. One side displays the deep honey yellow so characteristic of bees, with the reverse displaying a deep black for a moodier tone.
At lum our Oeko Tex-certified linen fabric is sustainable, natural and durable, adding eco-friendly luxury to your home. Linen is naturally hypoallergenic, and is dirt and moth-resistant, meaning you will have this cushion for many years to come!
This collection is inspired by the Northern Colletes mining bee - a solitary mining bee which lives in flower rich coastal habitats such as machair and dunes - particularly Scotland's Outer Hebrides. About half of the global population lives in the UK and Ireland, but it's under threat due to the intensification of agriculture, wetter weather as a result of climate change, and the break up of its habitat, it is now classified as 'rare'.
10% of all lum profits are donated to the Scottish Wildlife Trust and their continuing work conserve the coastal machair habitat of mining bees on the Ayrshire coast and the joining up of coastal green spaces to hopefully support this special species for generations to come!
- Honey yellow and black 100% linen cushion cover, handmade by Catriona in Edinburgh, Scotland.
- Square (40cm x 40cm or 45cm x 45cm) cushion cover, sewn with french seams and finished with an invisible zip.
- Cushion inner pad not included.
- Cool hand or machine wash and lay flat to dry.
- Free delivery within the UK.