Therapeutic Heat Pack How-To
Relax and soothe your tense muscles by applying heat to boost circulation and blood flow to the affected area. Or reducce your heating bills by using a heat pack instead of central heating on chilly days! Here are some instructions if using them for the first time:
For heat therapy:
- Ensure the microwave turntable is clearn and rotating for even temperature distribution. Place a small mug of water in the microwave with the heat pack to help keep it moist.
- Microwave (800w) in 30-second increments for a maximum total of two minutes.
- Remove from the microwave and apply to the afflicted area.
- Wait until completely cooled before re-heating.
- Place heat-pack in a freezer-proof container or sealable bag.
- Store in freezer for at least 30 minutes or until next desired use.
- Remove from the freezer container/bag and apply to the afflicted area.