Perfect as a stocking stuffer gift or for your own use, our reuseable handwarmers combine function, luxury, colour and scent whilst supporting sustainability!
Repurposing offcuts of the linen fabric used for lum's cushion collections, these zero-waste handwarmers are made from 100% Oeko-Tex-certified sustainable linen fabric. Sold as a pair, each one is filled with UK-produced barley, and when heated in the microwave they can retain heat for up to 30 minutes. Choose your own colour set and scent to truly customise your handwarmers!
As with all lum products, 10% of our profits are donated to the Scottish Wildlife Trust to help support and protect Scotland's at-risk flora and fauna.
Although most of lum's inspiration comes from the natural world, these handwarmers are more inspired by physically being in the environment! With changing seasons and changing restrictions, we are all spending more time outdoors and in increasingly cold places! These handwarmers aim to provide a little warmth and comfort when on social walks, getting from point A to point B, or just keeping your hands toasty whilst at home.
How to use
Our handwarmers can be used over and over again - all you need is a microwave!
- Heat in 15 second intervals until warm enough (in our experience, this takes about 30 seconds in a microwave of 800W). Do not overheat, as this can risk burning the contents or scalding.
- Use caution when removing them from the microwave - make sure they are not too hot to handle.
- Slip them into a glove, pocket or just your hand - you are good to go!
- They will retain the heat for approximately 30 minutes, and once cooled they can be reheated again.
- Sprinkle with a little water after every five uses to prevent the barley from drying out.
- 100% Oeko-Tex linen handwarmer, filled with UK-produced barley, available in a variety of colours.
- Choice of scents (orange and cinnamon, tea tree or unscented)
- Approximately 9cm (3.5 inches) square, although some as this is a handmade product, there may be some differentiation in size.
- Pack of two (one for each hand!)
- Handmade by Catriona in Edinburgh, Scotland.
- Free delivery within the UK.